Hot Deals on Cool Food Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OR TEXT MESSAGE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE
DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OFTHE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hot Deals on Cool Food Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the State of California, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Albertsons Companies, Inc. and Southern California Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Council (SCFRC) and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging, administrative, and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such person, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Void outside the United States and where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on June 3, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 23, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Website clock is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.chillprizes.com (the “Website”), and fully complete and submit the online entry form in accordance with the instructions provided to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You may receive a link to the Website by sending a text message with the keyword COOL to 45384. Text message is not required to access the Website. After texting the keyword “COOL”, you will receive a reply text message with a link to the Website. Standard text message and data rates may apply. Participants should review their text message plan for details on any costs associated with sending or receiving a text message or accessing the Website using a mobile device. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their registration form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
4. DRAWINGS AND ODDS OF WINNING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted on or about July 2, 2020 by Prism Marketing, Inc., a third party promotion administrator, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive the Grand Prize of a $500 gift card which can be used at participating Albertsons, Vons, and Pavilions supermarkets.
First Prize: one of 95 (ninety five) $100 gift cards which can be used at participating Albertsons, Vons, and Pavilions supermarkets.
Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes: $10,000. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any federal, state and local taxes on the prize. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions as set by the issuer.
All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Recipients of prizes valued at over $600 will receive a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of the Grand Prize no later than the January following awarding of the Grand Prize.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. All Prizes will be mailed via U.S mail to the eligible winners within 4-6 weeks following the end of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of telephone number or mailing address. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, or the winner does not accept the prize as awarded, the prize will be forfeited and may not be awarded.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEMDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing from the non-suspect, eligible entries received as of the time of the event causing termination or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process. Participants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any Participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted or lost, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Released Parties (as defined below) resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in, the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, as the result of unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, or worm; or for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled text messages, notifications, or entries; or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or these Official Rules in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Use of Website is at user’s own risk. Released Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release Sweepstakes Parties, Prism Marketing, Inc., and all of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize and any item redeemed therewith; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
9. PUBLICITY: By accepting a prize, each winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on websites operated by Sponsor) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
10. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the state of California, and entrants consent to jurisdiction and venue in, and agree that all claims and disputes must be resolved exclusively in, the federal or state courts in Los Angeles, California.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hot Deals on Cool Food Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 2302, Coppell, TX 75019, for receipt no later than July 31, 2020.
12. SPONSOR: Southern California Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Council (SCFRC) 16458 Bolsa Chica Street #205, Huntington Beach, CA. 92649